SPRING 2019 KICK OFF MEETING
On January 22nd, the Construction Management Student Organization hosted the first meeting of the Spring 2019 semester.
The first meeting began with National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) representatives discussing the start of a new student chapter at Kent State University. This will be a huge opportunity for students to break into the electrical industry and network with a nation wide organization.
Following the NECA presentation the Student Organization officers, led by President Alexandra Berman, discussed some of the upcoming opportunities and events for the semester:
- Etiquette Classes: In preparation for the career fair, two etiquette classes are scheduled to help students with the various aspects of the career fair; resume, attire, elevator pitch, etc. Industry professionals, staff, our new career advisor, and fellow students will form a panel to discuss any questions that people may have. The first etiquette class is January 24 from 3:45 - 5:00pm in room 120 of the CAED. The second class will be January 28 from 8:00 - 9:00pm in room 120 of the CAED.
- Hensel Phelps: The night before the Career Fiar, representatives from Hensel Phelps will come in to present information on their company. They will be discussing what Hensel Phelps has to offer for interns and full-time hires. The presentation will take place at 6:30pm in room 130 of the CAED.
- Career Fair: Numerous contractors will be in attendance for the Spring Career Fair. All are looking to hire interns and full-time employees. The Career Fair is taking place on February 1st from 10:00am to 1:00pm in the Student Center Ballroom.
- AGC Networking Event: Prior to the Career Fair, several contractors in the area will be hosting a networking breakfast from 8:30 - 10:00am in the Student Center Ballroom. This is a great opportunity to meet contractors in a relaxed environment and connect with contractors in the area.
- First Social Event: On February 1st at 8:00pm the Student Organization is going tubing at Brandywine's Polar Blast. THis event is open to all in the Student Organization and the first ten people that sign up will get their admission paid for!
- Chipotle Fundraise: Support the Student Organization by eating at Chipotle on February 11th from 4:00 - 8:00pm. Bring the flyer or say you are supporting the cause at checkout for it to count towards our sales!
- Proposal Development: Are you interested in gaining real-life experience? The Proposal Development class is currently working on several projects that offer valuable experience for our students. We are currently working on University of Cincinnati's New Builder's Competition and the ABC Student Competition.
- Intramural Sports: Registration will soon be out for spring intramural sports teams. If you are interested, please sign up on the google drive!
The Kent State Construction Management Student Organization Officers are truly looking forward to a fun semester with everyone! If you have any feedback for the Organization, please let us know!